CT::SWaM Community

Direct posting from email?

Is anyone interested in activating this feature? It would allow to respond to an email notification and have it directly posted as a forum reply…

2 Likes

I’m all for it, especially if it’s not a heavy lift to configure.

Yeah, it seems like just a feature I have to turn on and then people can set preferences themselves. Still figuring this whole thing out. Will explore that functionality on Monday as well. Feel free to join::

This needs some configuration outside of Discourse, because we need to set up an email inbox that users can reply to an Discourse can poll. It’s not a big deal though, I’ll look into it and get it going.

1 Like

I have email addresses ...@ctswam.org available. Or we can use the …ctswam at gmail one. Let me know.

an email address like discourse@ctswam.org would be perfect. If you could create that and hand the credentials to me, I‘ll set it up.

Do we need an address with a mailbox or just an address to them forward to another email? With the wordpress as the DNS target it doesn’t seem to allow creating a mailbox. It’d require resetting the DNS to the 1&1 webspace. What do you think we should do?

More info about responding via email: https://meta.discourse.org/t/set-up-reply-via-email-support/14003

Reply by Email should now work. I just successfully replied to the ExChange #002 thread by answering the notification email.

Awesome! Thanks for setting it up!

Great!!
Thank you so much!